PUBLIC RELATIONS CONSULTANT AND WRITER
Friends of Union Slough National Wildlife Refuge (FUSNWR) is seeking an intern whose tasks would include:
· attending 2 - 3 FUSNWR board meetings (travel reimbursement available.),
· social media communication through webpage or Facebook page development,
· update membership flyer,
· write 2-3 newsletter article and,
· support, planning and marketing for a public outreach event.
1) 45 hours for new webpage/Facebook page development (Completed by 1/2012)
2) 20 hours for flyer research and layout (Completed by 1/2012)
3) 20 hours for newsletter research and writing (Completed by 3/2012)
4) 40 hours for public event (Completed by 5/2012)
The goals of the newsletter, flyer, and new webpage are to communicate with members, recruit new members, and to increase support for conservation and public awareness of the Union Slough National Wildlife Refuge. The Union Slough main office is located 25 miles west in Kossuth County.
· Knowledge of Facebook or Webpage design
· Interest in conservation issues
· Good English writing skills
· Strong computer communication skills
· Able to work independently
· Communicates in timely and effective manner with Board members, mostly by email.
Applications will be reviewed until candidate is chosen. The internship timeframe will run from approximately November 1, 2011 to April 19, 2012. The work schedule will be agreed upon between the intern and the FUS Board. This is an unpaid internship with pre-approved travel and expense reimbursement available
Employer’s Contact Information:
· Organization Name: Friends of Union Slough National Wildlife Refuge
· Address: 1710 360th Street, Titonka Iowa 50480
· Contact Person’s Names and Titles:
Colleen Hovinga, Interview Supervisor, email@example.com,
Paul Bartelt, Board Member, firstname.lastname@example.org, 585-8236
Donna Kitzinger, Board President, email@example.com
FUSNWR has sponsored events to bring youth and all people out to enjoy nature, such as International Migratory Bird Day activities for kids, providing bird watching tools at the Union Slough educational pavilion and Water's Edge Nature Center, bird banding, prairie-seed harvest.
For more information: Waldorf University is a four-year liberal arts college offering 20 bachelor degree programs in a variety of popular fields both residential and online. For over a century, Waldorf has provided a signature student experience through an engaging community of learning and faith. That community has now expanded beyond the campus through Waldorf’s distinct approach to online education. Waldorf’s academic programs combine a strong liberal arts base with applied learning. Co-curricular programs ranging from the second oldest a capella choir in the nation, to an outstanding theatre program, to highly competitive athletic teams, provide students with a wide range of opportunities for meaningful participation in personal development. Waldorf is committed to engaging its students in service and in bringing the world to its students through international student recruitment and study-abroad programs. Every student is challenged to excel in Waldorf’s community where students are treated with dignity and respect. The university has an attractive campus with 14 major buildings and excellent resources.
Copyright © 2016 Waldorf University | Forest City, Iowa 50436 800.292.1903 (Residential Programs) | 877.267.2157 (Online Programs)
Sitemap | FERPA | Gainful Employment Disclosure | Privacy