DIGITAL CONTENT INTERNSHIP
The Mason City Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a part-time social media intern for fall semester. We offer flexible schedules for great experience with opportunities to meet great contacts in the No
rth Iowa business community for students majoring in public relations, business, journalism, and communications. Interns will work approximately 15 - 20 hours/week. Interns are eligible for a weekly stipend.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Monitor websites at least three times per week and update as needed/requested (www.masoncityia.com, www.nibandfest.com)
Create and update PowerPoint presentation for lobby
Update Facebook accounts (Mason City Chamber of Commerce, North Iowa Band Festival, River City Sculptures on Parade, Inc., Mason City Blue Zones Project) and utilize Hootsuite to generate monthly reports
Update Twitter accounts (when established)
• Engage more fan and followers by achieving more personal interaction (1 comment, like or re-tweet for each post)
• Update each Facebook fan page at least twice per week but may include more frequent posting.
• Update each organization Twitter page at least five times per week.
• Identify ways to reach other similar businesses/organizations throughout the state and nation (make posts on other vendors fan pages)
• Track insights and link clicks to develop a report of the effects of social networking. Include demographics, fans/followers, feedback, etc.
• As needed, attend and assist with Chamber events such as Annual Meeting, Operation Thank You, etc.
• Assist with other projects as needed
• Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Hootsuite.
• Bonus InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop software.
Applicants should send resumes with cover letters and references to:
Robin Anderson, Executive Director
Mason City Chamber of Commerce
9 North Federal Avenue
Mason City, IA 50401
No phone calls, please.
For more information: Waldorf College is a four-year liberal arts college offering 20 bachelor degree programs in a variety of popular fields both residential and online. For over a century, Waldorf has provided a signature student experience through an engaging community of learning and faith. That community has now expanded beyond the campus through Waldorf’s distinct approach to online education. Waldorf’s academic programs combine a strong liberal arts base with applied learning. Co-curricular programs ranging from the second oldest a capella choir in the nation, to an outstanding theatre program, to highly competitive athletic teams, provide students with a wide range of opportunities for meaningful participation in personal development. Waldorf is committed to engaging its students in service and in bringing the world to its students through international student recruitment and study-abroad programs. Every student is challenged to excel in Waldorf’s community where students are treated with dignity and respect. The college has an attractive campus with 14 major buildings and excellent resources.
Copyright © 2015 Waldorf College | Forest City, Iowa 50436 800.292.1903 (Residential Programs) | 877.267.2157 (Online Programs)
Sitemap | FERPA | Gainful Employment Disclosure | Privacy