RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Summer & Fall 2012
United Way of North Central Iowa seeks a motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with an interest in non-profit fundraising who can work well with others and fill an integral role in our Resource Development department this summer and fall.
· Conduct Research
· Review local and national news and business publications for related materials.
· Contact local businesses to get a sense of their charitable plans.
· Provide support for volunteer training sessions and campaign events as needed.
· Update donor information in organizational database.
· Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times.
· Develop new content for marketing publications.
· Assist other members of the staff in conducting large-scale mailings to potential donors as needed.
· Implement communication plan in local and area businesses.
· Perform other tasks as assigned.
· Interest in fundraising, health and human service organizations, and the non-profit sector.
· Extensive computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office software, research processes.
· Detail-oriented and organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
· A commitment to professional ethics and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
· Demonstrated ability to work individually and in a team environment and meet goals in a timely manner.
· Punctuality and dependability.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
United Way of North Central Iowa
Attn: Human Resource Department - Internship
P.O. Box 1465
Mason City, IA 50402-1465
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
For more information: Waldorf College is a four-year liberal arts college offering 20 bachelor degree programs in a variety of popular fields both residential and online. For over a century, Waldorf has provided a signature student experience through an engaging community of learning and faith. That community has now expanded beyond the campus through Waldorf’s distinct approach to online education. Waldorf’s academic programs combine a strong liberal arts base with applied learning. Co-curricular programs ranging from the second oldest a capella choir in the nation, to an outstanding theatre program, to highly competitive athletic teams, provide students with a wide range of opportunities for meaningful participation in personal development. Waldorf is committed to engaging its students in service and in bringing the world to its students through international student recruitment and study-abroad programs. Every student is challenged to excel in Waldorf’s community where students are treated with dignity and respect. The college has an attractive campus with 14 major buildings and excellent resources.
Copyright © 2015 Waldorf College | Forest City, Iowa 50436 800.292.1903 (Residential Programs) | 877.267.2157 (Online Programs)
Careers | Sitemap | FERPA | Gainful Employment Disclosure | Privacy