Known for our disciplined but common sense approach to underwriting while maintaining exceptional loss ratios, Merchants Bonding Company has achieved the ranking of the number one surety bond writer in Iowa and 16th nationwide. We have the following internship opportunity available:
Commercial Surety Underwriting Intern
This position will be part time and located in our Des Moines, IA office during the 2012 summer months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze commercial surety risk by reading financial statements, applications, court documents, bond forms, statutes and indemnity agreements.
• Review bond forms and/or statutes for the purpose of forming underwriting opinions.
• Review underwriting files at renewal for the purpose of analyzing risk.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Abilities:
• Ability to read and analyze a financial statement.
• Aptitude for detail and critical thinking.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Some knowledge of the legislative process.
• Ability to research state web sites and statutes and ordinances for regulations.
• Be able to meet a deadline and complete assigned goals.
• Some knowledge / proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel)
• Working toward a four-year business, finance or accounting degree.
If you would like to intern with one of the largest and most well-respected surety writers in the United States, submit your resume to Merchants Bonding at email@example.com.
For more information: Waldorf University is a four-year liberal arts college offering 20 bachelor degree programs in a variety of popular fields both residential and online. For over a century, Waldorf has provided a signature student experience through an engaging community of learning and faith. That community has now expanded beyond the campus through Waldorf’s distinct approach to online education. Waldorf’s academic programs combine a strong liberal arts base with applied learning. Co-curricular programs ranging from the second oldest a capella choir in the nation, to an outstanding theatre program, to highly competitive athletic teams, provide students with a wide range of opportunities for meaningful participation in personal development. Waldorf is committed to engaging its students in service and in bringing the world to its students through international student recruitment and study-abroad programs. Every student is challenged to excel in Waldorf’s community where students are treated with dignity and respect. The university has an attractive campus with 14 major buildings and excellent resources.
Copyright © 2016 Waldorf University | Forest City, Iowa 50436 800.292.1903 (Residential Programs) | 877.267.2157 (Online Programs)
Sitemap | FERPA | Gainful Employment Disclosure | Privacy