If you have any questions, please contact Bev Retland in the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 641.585.8144.
Waldorf College’s full-time residential program students are automatically enrolled in a supplemental secondary excess accident insurance plan from August 1 through July 31 each year with no additional cost to the student. Please note that this plan is for accidents and injuries only. It is also an excess plan and NEVER pays as primary; it does not cover illnesses, and only pays after the student’s private health insurance has been processed.
For a variety of reasons, not the least of which is the further implementation of the Affordable Care Act, the health insurance landscape is changing. As a result, we find ourselves in a position where certain changes to our Supplemental Secondary Excess Accident Plan need to be made. Please make note of this year’s plan benefits.
It is always the student’s personal responsibility to pay their medical bills. All students need to rely on their own personal health insurance at all times. Waldorf College NEVER pays for any provider visits and all unpaid bills are always the student’s sole responsibility. Please note the following important considerations with respect to this insurance:
• The accidental supplemental insurance is filed only after primary insurance has been processed and only under certain conditions.
• The injured student MUST see a licensed provider within 30 days of the incident or this policy will reject the claim.
• Claims arising from self-inflicted injuries and/or while the student is under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be covered.
• The plan benefit period is for 52 weeks from the date of injury. Any treatments extending past the 52 week period will be the student’s sole responsibility. All arrangements for treatment are to be made before the student graduates or withdraws from Waldorf College.
• There is a $750 reducing deductible per injury on Waldorf’ secondary excess accident plan requiring the student to pay out of their pocket before the plan starts to pay towards a claim. This can also be met with a student’s primary health insurance plan.
• All injuries must be reported during the contest/practice or immediately thereafter to the supervising Athletic Trainer, Student Health Services, or the Head Coach. If the situation is an emergency, the student must notify the Athletic Trainer or Student Health Services within 48 hours of the emergency room visit. Otherwise, expenses incurred will be the sole responsibility of the student.
• All appointments with physicians, specialists, physical therapies, etc. must be made through Waldorf’s athletic trainers or Waldorf’s Student Health Services (this includes second opinions). Except for emergency cases, authorization for these appointments must be obtained prior to seeing a doctor or hospital. A student is at liberty to depart from this policy and seek unauthorized treatment, but in doing so he/she assumes all incidental risks and all expenses of the medical services.
• Non-athletic conditions such as asthma, cardiac, etc. are not covered under this plan.
• Previous Injuries are NOT covered under this plan. Waldorf College is not responsible for any pre-existing injury, condition or operations nor is our secondary excess accident plan. All costs related to the evaluation, care and treatment of pre-existing conditions is the sole responsibility of the student.
• Dental Care and Vision Care is limited to injury to sound natural teeth and/or to student’s eye(s) caused during an authorized practice or intercollegiate contest. Damage or breakages of glasses/contacts are NOT covered under this plan.
Waldorf never pays for any provider visits. Bills are always the student’s responsibility.
Also view Medical Insurance Information for International Students or Affordable Care Act General Information for College Students.
Copyright © 2015 Waldorf College | Forest City, Iowa 50436 800.292.1903 (Residential Programs) | 877.267.2157 (Online Programs)
Sitemap | FERPA | Gainful Employment Disclosure | Privacy