Skip To Content

Documentation of a Disability

Students requesting academic accommodations will meet with the Disabilities Specialist on campus and provide documentation of their disability. Setting up accommodations is a collaborative effort between the student and the Disability Specialist to best meet the academic needs of the student at Waldorf University.

Appropriate documentation will include a diagnosis of the disability, testing results and the impact of the disability on the student in the learning environment. We are required to have current documentation of the disability in order to provide accommodations.

Possible sources of documentation of a disability include:

  • Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
  • Diagnostic Evaluation from a certified professional
  • 504 Plan
  • Support for Accommodation Request (SAR) an Iowa transition initiative

Insufficient documentation can result in a delay in accommodations or the implementation of temporary accommodations until appropriate and up to date documentation is received by our staff.

Students new to Waldorf University are encouraged to fill out the following form to assist in notifying our office of your need for academic accommodations and help us prepare for your arrival.

If you have any questions about accommodations or documentation requirements feel free to contact one of our disabilities staff members.

Disabilities Specialists

Kristin Wempen
Phone: 641-585-8211 or 1-800-292-1903 ext. 8211
Fax: 641-585-8125

Stephanie Storby
Office Phone: 641-585-8207 or 1-800-292-1903 ext. 8207
Fax: 641-585-8125