Skip To Content

Federal Student Aid

Department of Education logo Waldorf students may apply for Federal Student Aid. Various grant and loan programs are available. Students wishing to enroll at Waldorf for the first time and use Federal Student Aid should begin the Application for Admissions process at and file their FAFSA form at at least four weeks prior to the last day of registration. Please note that some student applications for financial aid take longer to process than others as a result of factors beyond the control of Waldorf. For complete details of the procedures and policies related to Federal Student Aid, visit the Financial Aid—Online Programs section of the Waldorf website. The Waldorf Admissions Department is ready and available to assist new students with beginning the application process for Federal Student Aid. Waldorf University encourages students to explore Federal Student Aid options, when applicable, before exploring private loan options.

  • U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen
  • Enrolled in an Eligible Degree Program
  • Enrolled on at least Half-Time Status

Federal Grants

Federal Pell Grants – Undergraduate Students Only
Pell grants are awarded solely on demonstrated financial need to every eligible undergraduate student who hasn't already earned a bachelor's or professional degree.

Federal Loans

Federal Direct Loans
The U.S. Department of Education administers the Federal Direct Loan (FLDP) program which generally consists of Stafford loans (for students) and Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) loans (for parents).

Federal Stafford Loans
Stafford loans are available as both subsidized and unsubsidized loans. Subsidized loans are offered to students based on demonstrated financial need.

Stafford loans have many advantages over traditional consumer loans:

  • Repayment is deferred on subsidized loans until six months after students have graduated or otherwise left school,
  • Interest rates are historically lower than those of conventional lenders.

Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students – Undergraduate Students Only
Federal PLUS loans enable parents with good credit histories to borrow money to pay the educational expenses of their children. Each child must be a dependent undergraduate student enrolled at least half time in an approved college or university.