Skip To Content

Transfer Credit

Waldorf allows for the transfer of up to 75% of undergraduate courses and 50% of graduate courses can be transferred into your degree program.

Academic Credit
Credits from other accredited institutions of higher learning will be evaluated according to the nature and quality of work presented as judged by the Registrar’s Office. Generally, courses comparable to Waldorf courses and successfully completed with grades of C or better will be considered for transfer and applied toward graduation requirements.

Students who have earned an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited community college will have their degree considered for meeting all core requirements with the exception of a lower-division religion course and an upper-division religion course, and any specific courses required by the individual major area of study. Up to 16 vocational-technical credits will be accepted if a student has completed the Associate in Arts Degree. Up to eight vocational-technical credits will be accepted if a student has an AAS degree, an AS degree, an ASB degree, or no degree.

Grade points earned at other institutions are generally not included in computing the grade point average at Waldorf and are not used in computing academic honors

Professional Licenses, Certificates, and Training Programs
Waldorf considers guidelines established by the American Council on Education (ACE) to determine if certain training programs, certificates, professional licenses, and/or military training warrant awarding academic credit.

Transfer Credit by Examination
Waldorf accepts credit by examination from the following:

  • The College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
  • Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)

Transcript Request Service
Waldorf offers a transcript request service. We will contact the prior colleges and/or universities the applicant has attended to secure all the transcripts needed. Two forms must be completed and signed in order to process the request. The Request for Official Transcript form is sent to each individual college to process the transcript request; the payment form is kept at Waldorf for processing. We are unable to process the request without both signed forms being submitted. These forms can be accessed by visiting When completed, please fax to 251-224-0573.