Title of Position: Program Director
Station & Location: Hubbard Radio St. Louis, LLC
Position Summary: To be an effective, fully contributing member of the management team by establishing and managing program policy in concert with the market’s VP/Market Manager. Achieve the highest degree of effectiveness in service to the community, the highest target audience acceptance and the highest Arbitron ratings consistent with company policy and procedures and in harmony with the station and Hubbard’s commitments and values. Direction of the programming department and guidance of operation procedures designed to meet corporate goals in short and long-range planning for broadcast property. Responsible for the supervision, direction and performance of station on-air programming with specific emphasis on program coordination, talent management content and scheduling.
Essential Job Functions/Key Responsibilities:
• Provide effective leadership to on-air talent.
• Creates, develops and coordinates programming content to ensure that programming achieves maximum audience acceptance and ratings.
• Increase station’s audience and brand equity across all media platforms.
• Interview, hire, train and manage on-air talent.
• Lead on air talent with clear communication of goals and consistent feedback through regular staff meetings and one-on-one coaching sessions.
• Ability to form and implement strategic short and long term goals for the programming department to assure its full contribution to the successful accomplishment of stations short and long term plan and Hubbard Radio’s Mission, Commitments and Values.
• Prepare and live within details budget and manage within budget parameters set by immediate supervisor.
• Assure on air talent understands and performs with FCC Rules and Regulations, and monitoring and review of log procedures to substantiate compliance.
• Increase station’s audience, revenue generation and brand equity across all media platforms by improving station’s news gathering and brand recognition.
• Strategize and evaluate marketing and promotions.
• Help maximize revenue generation through additions or deletions of programming.
• Protect integrity of product with ongoing guardianship of all programming elements.
• Assist with growing audience and revenue generation share on-line and with new technology.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Degree in communications, journalism or related field, preferred
• Ability to provide direction, organization, creativity and strategy regarding the talent, promotions and production necessary to produce a marketable and sellable radio stations
• Knowledge of Arbitron methodology, reporting, and resources
• Project an appropriate, professional appearance and demeanor
• Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures
• Ability to function in a team environment
• Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed
• Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
• Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, calculator, etc.) for extended periods of time
• Ability to hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction
• The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our website (www.1065thearch.com under “careers”).
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not allow walk-in candidates.
To be considered, an application MUST be submitted by fax, email, or mail for current posted position(s).
Resume/Audio/Etc. is accepted when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted.
If you are offered by Hubbard Radio, you will be asked to sign an Agreement of Hire.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information: Waldorf College is a four-year liberal arts college offering 20 bachelor degree programs in a variety of popular fields both residential and online. For over a century, Waldorf has provided a signature student experience through an engaging community of learning and faith. That community has now expanded beyond the campus through Waldorf’s distinct approach to online education. Waldorf’s academic programs combine a strong liberal arts base with applied learning. Co-curricular programs ranging from the second oldest a capella choir in the nation, to an outstanding theatre program, to highly competitive athletic teams, provide students with a wide range of opportunities for meaningful participation in personal development. Waldorf is committed to engaging its students in service and in bringing the world to its students through international student recruitment and study-abroad programs. Every student is challenged to excel in Waldorf’s community where students are treated with dignity and respect. The college has an attractive campus with 14 major buildings and excellent resources.
Copyright © 2013 Waldorf College | Forest City, Iowa 50436 800.292.1903 (Residential Programs) | 877.267.2157 (Online Programs)