TITLE OF POSITION: On-Air Talent
STATION & LOCATION: WARH/Hubbard Radio/St. Louis, MO
POSITION SUMMARY: WARH (106.5 THE ARCH) is looking for one, possibly two part time on-air talent to round out our team…come work for us! Create and perform live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative, that project the Company's desired on-air image, and that achieve maximum audience acceptance and ratings. Works closely with the programming and sales teams to grow the Company's revenue and on-air and digital audience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Plan, prepare and deliver live and recorded program content for assigned station in an entertaining and professional manner in a style consistent with the appropriate station format.
• Preparation of online blogs and similar social media activities on behalf of the Stations; the creation of podcasts or videos or both for online distribution, and participation in, and use of, various digital media platforms.
• Ensure that all program content is in compliance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
• Promote the Company and Clients of the Company by making live appearances at public or private events and performing remote broadcasts.
• Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within the station and a strong personal community involvement.
• Prepare and create a topical show by gathering information from news flashes, wire copy, periodicals, computer and television.
• Writes and reads, or ad-libs segments to identify station, announce station breaks, commercials, etc.
• Interviews guests or other famous or public personalities as well as moderating panels or discussion shows.
• Answer phone lines and interviews members of listening audience.
• Ensures that contests and promotions are conducted in compliance with FCC regulations, as well as federal and state laws.
• Plans and attends in-person appearances such as community events, including hosting and assisting at charity functions.
• Follow and enforces FCC regulations, station and company polices, including implementing station’s/state’s EAS procedures.
• Attends music meetings.
• Maintains positive relationships with national & local community.
• Perform necessary and required technical functions of assigned air-shift, including the performing and logging of engineering readings.
• Maintain the program and music logs and assure that commercials or programs are aired at times logged and the program log is properly signed, initialed and any omissions noted. Report all discrepancies on the Company Discrepancy Report.
• Record assigned commercial, promotion or public service announcements in a professional manner.
• Assure thorough, advance preparation of content, commercials, technical arrangements and show elements.
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• 2+ years’ experience as an on air personality/talent in a major market!
• Ability to establish listener motivation and loyalty in the target demographic.
• Ability to conduct on-air interview and interact with callers.
• Good conversationalist, well-read, knowledgeable and articulate in dealing with current affairs.
• Ability to enunciate clearly and interpret and read copy fluently.
• Ability to operate all mechanical functions of preparing and delivering an on-air performance, including the recording, editing and playback of listener telephone calls; the preparation of recorded "bits" and other show elements; the operation of the control room console and studio equipment.
• Ability to write and create commercial production, voiceovers and imaging as needed.
• Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of FCC rules and regulations which pertain to announcers, particularly but not limited to Sections d 315, 217 and 508.
• Ability and willingness to be coached and directed by Program Director, Assistant Program Director or Consultant.
• Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Ability to function in a team environment.
• Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, related field or equivalent experience, preferred
• Prefer someone who has worked in radio and/or television broadcasting environment, related function or exposure to sales and dealing with clients.
• Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
• Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
• Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
• Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds consistently.
• Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
• Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, calculator, etc.) for extended periods of time.
• Ability to hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
• The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our website (www.1065thearch.com). Resumes will not be accepted without the required application and supporting documents. We do not allow walk-in candidates or unsolicited resumes. No phone calls please. To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email or mail for current posted position(s)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Amanda Koeppe, Human Resources Director
Hubbard Radio St. Louis, LLC
11647 Olive Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63141
For more information: Waldorf College is a four-year liberal arts college offering 20 bachelor degree programs in a variety of popular fields both residential and online. For over a century, Waldorf has provided a signature student experience through an engaging community of learning and faith. That community has now expanded beyond the campus through Waldorf’s distinct approach to online education. Waldorf’s academic programs combine a strong liberal arts base with applied learning. Co-curricular programs ranging from the second oldest a capella choir in the nation, to an outstanding theatre program, to highly competitive athletic teams, provide students with a wide range of opportunities for meaningful participation in personal development. Waldorf is committed to engaging its students in service and in bringing the world to its students through international student recruitment and study-abroad programs. Every student is challenged to excel in Waldorf’s community where students are treated with dignity and respect. The college has an attractive campus with 14 major buildings and excellent resources.
Copyright © 2014 Waldorf College | Forest City, Iowa 50436 800.292.1903 (Residential Programs) | 877.267.2157 (Online Programs)