KDSM Fox 17, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. in Madison , WI is seeking an Accounting Manager to assist in the management of the financial reporting and general accounting functions of the station; ensures that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulations, and GAAP reporting guidelines as well as be responsible for the Human Resources functions at the station.
• Complies and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements, etc.
• Preparation of month end journal entries, financial statements, forecast, reports, variance analysis, etc.
• Reviews balance sheet, profit, loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for managers.
• Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
• Compiles and analyzes asset, liability, and capital financial information.
• Interaction with other organizational managers in preparing budgets and financial information.
• Supervises human resources and the payroll process.
• Manages the FCC process and prongs for the station.
• Assists in other daily projects as assigned by the Regional Controller.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent or enrolled towards such degree
• Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
• Working knowledge of internal control procedures, general ledger, payroll, and human resources
• Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
• Proficient in excel and an Oracle background preferred
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in the broadcast industry a plus!
Our company boasts an exceptional compensation and benefits package as well as a friendly work environment conducive for professional growth! Join our team and find out why KDSM Fox 17 is such a great place to work!
KDSM Fox 17 / Sinclair Broadcast Group is an EEO. PLEASE- NO PHONE CALLS, YOU MUST APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.KDSM17.COM
Assistant Regional Controller
Sinclair Broadcast Group
For more information: Waldorf College is a four-year liberal arts college offering 20 bachelor degree programs in a variety of popular fields both residential and online. For over a century, Waldorf has provided a signature student experience through an engaging community of learning and faith. That community has now expanded beyond the campus through Waldorf’s distinct approach to online education. Waldorf’s academic programs combine a strong liberal arts base with applied learning. Co-curricular programs ranging from the second oldest a capella choir in the nation, to an outstanding theatre program, to highly competitive athletic teams, provide students with a wide range of opportunities for meaningful participation in personal development. Waldorf is committed to engaging its students in service and in bringing the world to its students through international student recruitment and study-abroad programs. Every student is challenged to excel in Waldorf’s community where students are treated with dignity and respect. The college has an attractive campus with 14 major buildings and excellent resources.
Copyright © 2013 Waldorf College | Forest City, Iowa 50436 800.292.1903 (Residential Programs) | 877.267.2157 (Online Programs)