As an intern with the Waterloo Bucks, you will actively be a part of all facets of running a minor league baseball organization. The Bucks have an internship program that encompasses all three traditional semesters: summer, fall, and spring.
• Summer Internships o The summer internship program will consist of stadium operations interns, merchandising interns, electronic media interns, game operations interns, media relations interns, press box interns, and ticket office interns. Duties for the stadium operations internship will consist of, but not be limited to: • Home game hours are from 10:00 am until midnight • Interaction with advertisers and fans • Assist in the training and supervision of part-time stadium staff in all aspects of security and game-day operations • Assist in running all aspects of stadium operations including security, programs, in-park staff, and general stadium cleanliness • Help to maintain stadium policies regarding customer service and other issues • Assist in leading part-time staff with regard to customer service and day-to-day operations
• General duties as assigned Duties for the merchandising internship will consist of, but not be limited to: • Operating Riverfront Stadium Souvenir Stand • Manning the souvenir stand at all home games • Creating displays • Processing orders • Managing the souvenir stand’s inventory • Interaction with advertisers and fans
• General duties as assigned Duties for the electronic media internship will consist of, but not be limited to: • Collecting video and photographs for the Bucks to use in ad campaigns during the following season o Applicant must provide their own equipment • Producing radio ads that will air during the season
• General duties as assigned Duties for the game operations internship will consist of, but not be limited to: • Assist the staff with sponsorships by gathering artwork/public address scripts for the season, the coordination and execution of game day promotions prior to and during games • Interaction with advertisers and fans • Crowd control • Distribution of pocket schedule cards to spectators as they leave the ballpark • Ticket taking at Season Ticket Holder gate
• General duties as assigned Duties for the media relations internship will consist of, but not be limited to: • Write the official pre-game notes for each home game • Fax/e-mail box scores to proper media outlets after each home game • Fax/e-mail updated rosters to upcoming opponents • Assist in press box • Interaction with advertisers and fans
• General duties as assigned Duties for the press box internship will consist of, but not be limited to: • Help supervise a part-time press box staff of five to six individuals • Overseeing the game-day operations of the press box including the public address system, music, and scoreboard operation • Updating the website on a daily basis • Write the Buckshot Roster Insert for each home game • Updating daily standings on Riverfront Stadium concourse marker board • Hanging Northwoods League banners on the back side of bleachers on a daily basis • Interaction with advertisers and fans
• General duties as assigned Duties for the ticket office internship will consist of, but not be limited to: • Help supervise a ticket office. • Will work on processing/finalizing group and season tickets • Help in maintaining the policies of the ticket office with regard to customer service and other ticketing issues. • Assist in the execution of mailing season ticket renewals, mini-plans, and invoicing. • Delivery of tickets throughout the Cedar Valley • Interaction with advertisers and fans
• General duties as assigned • Fall Internships o The fall internship program will include, but not be limited to: Post-season customer relations Database marketing Season ticket sales Television ad production Game-day staff at any college baseball games General duties as assigned
• Spring Internships o The spring internship program will consist of general interns and sales interns. Duties for the general internship will consist of, but not be limited to: • Game-day staff at any Iowa High School or college baseball games • Stadium operations for any event until Bucks season • Distribution of pocket schedules throughout the Cedar Valley • Database management • Media relations assistance • Ticket office assistance • General duties as assigned Duties for the sales internship will consist of, but not be limited to: • Assist in corporate, group, and season ticket sales on a commission paid basis • General duties as assigned
Contact: Interested candidates should call to set up an appointment with the Bucks front office at 319/232-0500. Resumes and cover letters may be sent to P.O. Box 4124, Waterloo, IA 50704. Thank you for your interest, Dan Corbin Aaron Rustad General Manager Assistant General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information: Waldorf College is a four-year liberal arts college offering 20 bachelor degree programs in a variety of popular fields both residential and online. For over a century, Waldorf has provided a signature student experience through an engaging community of learning and faith. That community has now expanded beyond the campus through Waldorf’s distinct approach to online education. Waldorf’s academic programs combine a strong liberal arts base with applied learning. Co-curricular programs ranging from the second oldest a capella choir in the nation, to an outstanding theatre program, to highly competitive athletic teams, provide students with a wide range of opportunities for meaningful participation in personal development. Waldorf is committed to engaging its students in service and in bringing the world to its students through international student recruitment and study-abroad programs. Every student is challenged to excel in Waldorf’s community where students are treated with dignity and respect. The college has an attractive campus with 14 major buildings and excellent resources.
Copyright © 2013 Waldorf College | Forest City, Iowa 50436 800.292.1903 (Residential Programs) | 877.267.2157 (Online Programs)