The Ordway, recognized as one of the U.S.’s leading not-for-profit performing arts centers, is home to a wide variety of performances throughout the year that encompass the finest in American musical theater, world music, dance, and vocal artists.
The Human Resources Intern is responsible for assisting the Human Resources Manager and Human Resources Coordinator to administer standard Human Resources practices and Ordway policies to ensure legal and institutional compliance and special initiatives within the Human Resources Department. A successful candidate will enjoy a high commitment to organize and detail oriented projects, excel at multi-tasking and creating efficiencies, and communicates well with a variety of personality types.
• Posting Date: 4/14/14
• Closing Date: 5/12/14
• Employee Type: Part-time, unpaid
• Department: Human Resources
• Reports to: HR Manager
• Timing of Position Opening: May 2014-August 2014
• Salary: unpaid
V. Key Performance Areas
• Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Manager and Human Resources Coordinator that results in the timely and accurate completion of work results, meeting deadlines, and efficient planning.
• Provide assistance in the execution of Human Resources related initiatives to ensure effective and successful initiatives.
• Maintain databases for the Human Resources Department to result in their continual enhancement and achievement of departmental goals.
• Pursuing a degree in Theatre, Arts Administration, Human Resources, Business, or related field.
• Prior administrative work preferred.
• Familiarity with non-profits, theatres, or human resources preferred.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Human Resources, The Ordway, 345 Washington Street, Saint Paul MN. 55102, or fax to 651-224-1820, or email a Word attachment to email@example.com. The Ordway’s web site is www.ordway.org. Job Line: 651-282-3110. The Ordway is an EEO employer.
For more information: Waldorf College is a four-year liberal arts college offering 20 bachelor degree programs in a variety of popular fields both residential and online. For over a century, Waldorf has provided a signature student experience through an engaging community of learning and faith. That community has now expanded beyond the campus through Waldorf’s distinct approach to online education. Waldorf’s academic programs combine a strong liberal arts base with applied learning. Co-curricular programs ranging from the second oldest a capella choir in the nation, to an outstanding theatre program, to highly competitive athletic teams, provide students with a wide range of opportunities for meaningful participation in personal development. Waldorf is committed to engaging its students in service and in bringing the world to its students through international student recruitment and study-abroad programs. Every student is challenged to excel in Waldorf’s community where students are treated with dignity and respect. The college has an attractive campus with 14 major buildings and excellent resources.
Copyright © 2014 Waldorf College | Forest City, Iowa 50436 800.292.1903 (Residential Programs) | 877.267.2157 (Online Programs)